Friday, June 24, 2011

Ella Enchanted 2004 5 out of 10








Ella Enchanted   2004  5
Ella Enchanted based on an award winning children's book is  a cheap  live action Shrek  ---Some movie executive thought they could take a book in spirit of Shrek and cash in on Shreks success.   Frankly I thought Shrek was overrated----I prefer my Fantasy to be Fantasy I don't  like the attempts to mix Fairy tales with the modern society----Give me Snow White  or Sleeping Beauty any day over this Shrek  style modern jokes and dance numbers----Please stop The Prince has a fan club and comments about Teen Beat type Prince magazine  --An Elf that wants to be a lawyer ( a rip-off of the only bad element of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer)      That being said this cheesy movie was still watchable only because of Anne Hathaway's  charm.








No comments:

Post a Comment