Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Blob 1958 5 out of 10

Steve McQueen was great in this story of a killer Blob....The poster is amazing---the opening song is a classic.....Too bad the Blob itself just sits around  and is about as menacing as a plate of Jello.   "Oh no the Blob is slowing oozing toward me....AHHHHHHH!     The Blob as a scary movie creature isn't that scary.    But no worries.

There is some great bad horror movie dialogue like
"Don't go in, Jim! This won't do any good! It's the most horrible thing I've ever seen in my life. Come on, we've got to clear this area! "

and 

 Dad, it isn't vandalism! Doctor Hallen is dead, and he was killed by some sort of a monster! Now, I know because I saw it, Dad. 

and he cops sae about a hundred times to show there lack of urgency in the matter....That they will figure it all out in the morning.



The great Theme Song

The song 

No comments:

Post a Comment