Sunday, April 19, 2020

For the Love of Scooby Doo: (Part 8) ScoobyNatural 2018



One of the reasons I decided to dive down the rabbit hole for the series Supernatural is because I heard they did a cross-over episode with Scooby-Doo.    Diving into a show that is filming it's 15th and final season is quite an undertaking and after watching season 1.   I put off continuing it before my wife got hooked so we could watch Veronica Mars another crime-solving mystery show.  Apparently, a good decision as we were able to binge Veronic Mars before my wife got hopelessly hooked on Supernatural.  Now we are in for the long haul.

Well currently we are about 2 episodes away from the end of Season 5 of Supernatural and I decided I couldn't wait until we naturally got to season 13 to treat myself with the reason the show originally came to my attention.  I really enjoy Supernatural, but have some criticisms of the show after 5 seasons.   What I love about the show the most are the episodes where they get a little funny, weird and silly.   Now 5 seasons into the show and the characters it was a perfect time to watch the Winchester brothers get magically zapped into the middle of a Scooby-Doo episode from season 13.

It was a perfect cross-over episode.  The Winchester brothers that hunt real ghosts, monsters, and demons thrust into an episode of Scooby-Doo.  The integration of the two shows worked wonderfully.  Dean, of course, tries to hit on Daphne with no success and Velma falls for Sam.   The scene where Dean --who is always eating burgers gets a chance to eat one of the oversized sandwiches in the cartoon was classic.   The episode had everything you want in a classic Scooby-Doo episode and seamlessly weaved the Supernatural characters into the story.  The mystery takes a tangent from how Dean remembered the cartoon as other characters actually start to die and there becomes an urgency to protect the Scooby gang and keep them safe.   

Being a fan of both Supernatural and an Ultra fan of Scooby-Doo makes this one of my favorite episodes on Supernatural so far.













No comments:

Post a Comment