Sunday, December 29, 2013

Animated movie # 7: Despicable Me 2 2013 6 out of 10






Despicable Me 2 2013 6 out of 10 

Despicable Me 2 cleaned up at the box office earning over 360 million domestically and almost a billion worldwide, which means a Despicable Me 3 is probably on its way soon.  I personally thought it was just a very average animated movie.   It wasn't even as good as the first one which was also very ordinary. At least the first one had the Willie Coyote type action sequences between the two villains.  Now Gru (voiced again by Steve Carrell) is a father figure and no longer has the evil that made him entertaining the first time around.  Apparently all the audience needs is a bunch of random Minion scenes which the kids seem to love.  The minions are a bunch of bumbling yellow creatures that mumble incoherently and look like beans.  They are slightly funny --but not funny in the way that say Olaf is the blockbuster Frozen.   I guess maybe once again (with the exception of How to Train a Dragon) Dreamworks animated humor just doesn't work for me.  Despicable Me 2 despite its success just left me feeling nothing and confirmed once again that I'm definitely a Pixar/Disney kind of guy.


Here are my thoughts on the original Despicable Me




For Disney and Pixar animated movie visit my Disney blog

and follow my Movie page on Facebook


Wedding Paper Divas 30% Off Sitewide Cyber Week 728x90

No comments:

Post a Comment