Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beverly Hills Chihuahua (Family Movie Review # 7) 2011 3 out of 10


Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2    2011   3 out of 10

I cringed when I saw the ad for the first one (which I have never seen).  It was family movie night and my stepdaughter decided that  Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 was the movie we were going to be watching after having recorded it on the DVR.  I can almost deal with the talking Golden Retriever movies  that get churned out again and again.   Golden Retrievers are at least cute.  Chihuahuas on the other hand are one step above rats as far as I'm concerned.  I literally tuned out about halfway through the movie when the Chihuahuas are trying to save their owners parents home that is being foreclosed on.  They predictably try and enter a dog show to win a prize (like it is an episode of the Brady Bunch).    Then they somehow help to stop a bank robbery.   There was nothing interesting about this talking rat movie to me.  George Lopez as Papi the dog was just annoying (of course I find the real George Lopez annoying even when he isn't the voice of a dog).    Kids love talking animals no matter what they are doing for some reason, so of course the little one enjoyed it.  Me   NOT SO MUCH.  It may as well have been called Talking Rat Dogs 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment