Monday, March 12, 2012

The Green Hornet 2011 7 out of 10













I'm not a big comic book fan in general.  So most comic book movies I wait until DVD.   Seeing as many movies as I see--I eventually get around to them.   Green Hornet started out a little slow for me as most comic book origin stories tend to do.   They spend half the movie telling you how they became the Super Hero or in case of some of the early 1990  Batman movies how the villains became the villains.
About 40 minutes into the movie I was getting a little bored with it almost to the point of dosing off.   I was ready to write it off as  like the TV show version ---A Batman wannabe with a cooler sidekick....and then the movie hit a turning point for me.....A good action scene followed by the 2 good guys beating the living daylights out of each other in epic fashion that reminded me of the classic alley fight from They Live.      See  a quick  good guys battling each other Top 5 I threw together off the top of my head here.
And then the rest of the movie from that point on really hit it stride....The action packed conclusion car sequence was original and exciting to watch  really brought the movie from so-so status to pretty cool for me.   Seth Rogan's sense of humor worked well.....( A strange but pleasant casting choice)   and Kato kicked ass............I recommend checking out the old TV show with Bruce Lee





No comments:

Post a Comment