Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brigadoon 1954 7 out of 10


I had heard about this film for quite awhile....but had never seen it. The plot sounded interesting so when I saw it flipping through the channels one day I had to throw it on the DVR.
A couple of  Americans on a hunting trip in Scotland walk through the mist  and come across  a small village called Brigadoon that is lost in time and not on any maps.  A weird plot like something out of lost or Jules Verne,  but set to music and starring the dancing skills of Gene Kelly.
It wasn't what I expected, but was actually pretty good.   It had some humor and several good musical numbers.   It was a broadway play before it came to the silver screen.  A must see for any Gene Kelly fans.



My movie Facebook page is here
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brads-Super-Fantastic-Terrific-Page-of-Movies/178708865473822

No comments:

Post a Comment