Friday, May 1, 2020

The Witcher 2019 (Netflix Series)



I’m not at all familiar with the material that the series is based on so it was all new to me.  Season 1 of The Witcher on Netflix had a lot of buzz when it came out.  I think people were hoping and wanting to be the next Game of Thrones.  For me, it was a bit of a mixed bag.   Unlike Game of Thrones, this show mixes around timelines and tells s a non-linear story.  It was unnecessarily confusing at times because of this and the fact that the show's creators want the audience to figure it out on their own like Westworld.

The show has some really cool and interesting stuff and some corny stuff.   The show at times felt like a big budget fantasy film and at other times it felt like an episode of XENA Warrior Princess.    I would say that if you are a genre fan it is a good binge-watch, but it definitely isn’t a must-see.

What I LIKED about the show:    The Witcher character himself was cool. I wish the show had just focused on this character alone.  His adventures are captured my attention despite Superman’s odd choice of talking for the character. 

What I DIDN” T LIKE about the show:   The humpbacked witch storyline was completely uninteresting to me.  I just wanted to get back to the main character.  Both this character and the young girl character's stories left me bored.  



Listen to our Podcast here






No comments:

Post a Comment