Sunday, April 13, 2014

Starship Troopers: Invasion 2012 9 out of 10


  

Starship Troopers Invasion  2012 9 out of 10

I recently set up my Roku so that I could watch the final Season of Clone Wars on Netflix (which I marathoned in one weekend). 
 After which I checked through to see what else was available for streaming.  I stumbled across this Starship Troopers animated R rated movie called Starship Troopers Invasion.  Yes you heard that right Animated and R Rated.  I loved the original Starship Troopers film in all of its bloody cheesy glory.  I also enjoyed the old Roughnecks  animated series which was early to the CGI animated game.    So I was all in for this animated movie, which had to be better than the direct to DVD sequels to Starship Troopers that didn’t do the original film justice.   At the beginning of the film I felt like I was watching a really good video game….that happened to have animated nudity……Once I got into the films plot I quickly forgot about the animation and just got into the story.   If you liked the original Starship Troopers I would definitely recommend this film.  I know many people that love franchises won’t watch animated versions (people that think animation is for kids)   Well those people couldn’t be more wrong.   Shows like Tron Uprising, The Clone Wars and this Starship Troopers animated movie prove that animation can be a great way to continue telling great stories in this amazing cinematic universes at a much lower cost.   The was action packed with a good solid story that put me right back into the Starship Troopers universe.   I would love to see another animated Starship Troopers movie or a big budget sequel.





My Movie page on Facebook is here  
Nerd Block



The Easiest Way to Create a Website. Weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment